The members of the Finnish Society of Sciences and Letters convene once a month, by tradition on the third Monday of the month at 5 p.m. at the House of the Estates, Snellmaninkatu 9-11, Helsinki, auditorium 15. Exceptions to place and time are mentioned separately.
The meetings begin with public lectures held by members of the Society. The lectures are open for the public, but registration is required (at email@example.com) Wednesday before meeting. After the lectures the members of the Society hold their regular monthly meeting.
Meetings in autumn 2019
Monday 16.9 at 5 p.m. (Note! In the House of Science and Letters, Kirkkokatu 6, Helsinki)
- Lecture by Professor Tuomas Hytönen: “Matematiikka, niin ________ abstraktia! (täydennä genetiivillä)”
- Lecture by Professor Antti Sajantila: ”Mitä muinais-DNA tutkimukset ovat paljastaneet Levänluhdan arkeologisesta mysteeristä”
Monday 21.10 at 5 p.m. (Note! In the House of Science and Letters, Kirkkokatu 6, Helsinki)
- Commemorative speech for Professor Hans Åkerblom is given by Professor Mikael Knip
- Lecture by Professor Odo Diekmann: “The 1927 epidemic model of Kermack and McKendrick: a success story or a tragicomedy?”
- Lecture by Professor Markus Jäntti: “Familjebakgrundens betydelse för inkomstfördelningen”
Monday 18.11 at 5 p.m.
- Lecture by Director General Anni Huhtala
- Lecture by Professor Pauliina Remes
Monday 16.12 at 5 p.m.
- Lecture by Professor Sari Kivistö
- Lecture by Professor Christel Lamberg-Allardt
Meetings in spring 2020
Monday 20.1 at 4 p.m. (Note! In Turku)
- Lecture by Professor Marko Joas
- Lecture by Professor Cecilia Sahlgren
- Lecture by Professor Carl-Eric Wilén
Monday 17.2 at 5 p.m.
- Lecture by Professor Eija Kalso
- Lecture by Professor Åsa von Schoultz
Monday 16.3 at 5 p.m.
- Lecture by Professor Per-Henrik Groop
- Lecture by Professor Päivi Törmä
Wednesday 29.4 at 6 p.m. Annual Celebration (Internal meeting only for members at 5 p.m.)
Monday 18.5 at 5 p.m. (Note! In Villa Aikala, Johannesbergintie 8, Helsinki)