The members of the Finnish Society of Sciences and Letters convene once a month, by tradition on the third Monday of the month. The meetings begin with a public lecture held by a member of the Society. After the lecture the members of the Society hold their regular monthly meeting.
The lectures are open for the public, but registration is required (at email@example.com) Wednesday before meeting. Address: House of the Estates, Snellmaninkatu 9-11, Kruununhaka, Helsinki, auditorium 15. Time: 5 p.m. Exceptions to place and time are mentioned separately.
PROGRAM FOR SPRING 2019
Monday 21.1 at 4 p.m. (NOTE! Auditorium Helikon (Arken), Tehtaankatu 2, Turku)
- Commemorative speech for Professor Boris Sjöberg is given by Professor Göran Högnäs.
- Lecture by Professor Kimmo Grönlund: “Statskunskap som vetenskap”.
- Lecture by Professor Jukka Sihvonen: “Kafkan kanssa elokuvissa”.
Monday 18.2 at 5 p.m.
- Commemorative speech for Professor Randolph Quirk is given by Professor Hannu Riikonen.
- Lecture by Professor Timo Vesala: Metsät, suot, järvet ja niiden ilmastovaikutukset”
- Lecture by Professor Peter Nynäs: “Multipla religiösa identiteter bland unga vuxna: några centrala observationer i ljuset av en internationell studie”.
Monday 18.3 at 5 p.m.
- Commemorative speech for Professor Anders Ahlqvist is given by Professor Fred Karlsson.
- Lecture by Professor Caj Haglund.
- Lecture by Professor Gunilla Widén.
Monday 29.4 at 6 p.m. Annual Celebration (Internal meeting only for members at 5 p.m.)
- Welcoming address by the Chairman.
Monday 20.5 at 5 p.m. (Note! Villa Aikala, Johannesbergintie 8, Helsinki)
Lectures by one member from each of the four sections.