The members of the Finnish Society of Sciences and Letters convene once a month, by tradition on the third Monday of the month. The meetings begin with a public lecture held by a member of the Society. After the lecture the members of the Society hold their regular monthly meeting.
The lectures are open for the public. Address: House of the Estates, Snellmaninkatu 9-11, Kruununhaka, Helsinki, auditorium 15. Time: 5.15 p.m. Exceptions to place and time are mentioned separately.
PROGRAMME FOR SPRING 2017
Monday 16.1 at 3.15 p.m. (Note! Åbo Akademi, auditorium Brahe, Biskopsgatan 17)
- Lecture by Professor Johannes Brusila: “Musik och materialitet”
Monday 20.2 at 5.15 p.m.
- Commemorative speech for professor Helge Gyllenberg is given by professor Mats Gyllenberg
- Lecture by Professor Francoise Winnik:”Dead matter meets live cells”
Monday 20.3 at 5.15 p.m.
- Commemorative speech for Professor Christian Sucksdorff is given by Professor Pentti Mälkki
- Lecture by Professor Mika Kajava: ”Polyteismi antiikin Kreikassa”
Friday 28.4 at 6.15 p.m. Annual Celebration (Internal meeting only for members at 5.15 p.m.)
- Welcoming address by the Chairman, professor Fred Karlsson.
- Lecture by Professor Blll Hansson: “Varför luktar det gott eller otäckt – ett insektperspektiv”
Monday 15.5 at 1 – 4 p.m.
Wednesday 17.5 at 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Monday 22.5 at 5.15 p.m.
- Lectures by one member from each of the four sections.