The Finnish Society of Sciences and Letters
was founded in 1838. It is an Academy for all branches of science and scholarship. Its aim is to promote high-quality research, scholarship, networking and dissemination of information by:
- arranging presentations, symposia and conferences,
- publishing scholarly contributions,
- awarding prizes,
- providing financial support,
- promoting national and international contacts,
- stimulating transdisciplinary discussion.
Members and sections
The Society has ordinary members, foreign members and honorary members. All members are permanent and invited by the Plenum of the Society. At the age of 67 years, an ordinary member reaches the ranks of the Seniors and a new ordinary member is invited.
Monday 16.12 at 5 p.m. (Note! In the House of Science and Letters, Kirkkokatu 6, Helsinki)
- Lecture by Professor Sari Kivistö
- Lecture by Professor Christel Lamberg-Allardt
The Permanent Secretary´s blogPublished | Updated
När jag för ett tiotal år sedan blivit invald i Finska Vetenskaps-Societeten var jag smått road av att man vid mötena tilltalade varandra med "herr" och "fru". Jag tog för givet att orsaken var ...